Man Talk


Hmmm.. Where are my boys at?

This might not be relevant to you my audience outside Kenya or it may. I don't know but allow me to talk to my Kenyan brothers on this one.

It's about time, we brought Oyunga Pala back from retirement. We need more of Man Talk now than ever before.

Last Thursday, a brother was found guilty of an incident that occurred sometime in 2020. He allegedly pushed a lady from the balcony of the 12th floor of Ambank house in Nairobi. You might be familiar with the case.

Early this year, another brother was arrested after a body of a female "friend" was found in his car as he was stuck heading to only God knows where. You might also be familiar with the case too.

Men, Brothers is it worth it?

Sometimes I sit alone in my thoughts and think of sex. I believe sex is overrated. I'll explain why, follow me on this one.

We have personal goals, ambitions, and dreams we'd like to achieve as individuals. Childhood dreams, career goals, or whatever it may be. The guy who was caught with a body in his car was a married man, with kids, a beautiful home, a career, and a life that was heading somewhere.

The modern-day scam. I say scam for reasons I'll not dwell on today.

So this brother, will probably spend the rest of his life behind bars for murder why?

Because of a side chick, a girlfriend?

A brother who's been through school for 16 or 20 years. His parents had invested in him for the duration. He graduated from College, secured a job, bought a car, met a girl fell in love, got married, and had kids. Right?

The "Ideal" life. A dream for many.

But on that fateful weekend, after a drinking spree with some buddies and a booty call, all this came to an end. Why?

His kids will grow up without a Dad, not because he's dead. No. His wife will probably remarry I believe and the kids will have another daddy. Why?

Because this brother let his anger have the best of him.

Here's why I said, Sex is overrated.

I believe our two brothers in my example spent resources on the ladies in the subject. Before we proceed any further, I'm not writing this to judge any of you brothers, God knows I ain't perfect myself. I love a big nyash just like the next man.

Back to the sex. We men majority of the time end up spending valuable and sometimes scarce resources on women, which sometimes leads to impulse decisions, ruining our lives in the process.

Here's why I say sex is overrated. It is less costly to buy sex straight up from a hooker at an agreed price. This thing of side chicks, you end up spending money on drinks, food, transport, and maybe housing just to have two or three nights out with her.

We can't compete, with Wababaz as they call them. We just can't. These older men aren't in our leagues. Heck, we aren't in the same field. These men have families with grown kids, maybe our age mates. They are reaping the fruits of their labor. We on the other hand are eating the seeds of our labor.

My previous boss, a guy got to spend some time with. The guy was a big deal. He had influence and knew people in high places. The guy was maybe in his late 50's or early 60's. He owned several apartments around Nairobi, prime residential areas. He owned a group of companies and drove a Toyota V8. Why am I using past tense, he still does, maybe he's upgraded the ride or erected more apartments, I don't know.

The guy would be in the office at 4 o'clock in the am trading stocks from Japan, and the rest of the world. A very hardworking guy. At around 2 in the afternoon on Fridays, he'd make long calls to a recipient I believe was a lady. His tone would change, suddenly his not bossy, lovey-dovey and you'd hear them planning how they were going to spend the weekend. And they'd occasionally meet at a popular golf course in Kiambu.

This guy was set up. Every month his apartments would bring in close to half a mill if not more, and that is excluding other investments.

Honestly speaking, how do you a bloke from college, or in the early stages of your career compete with such men?

We might be better than them in bed, of course, some of them need blue pills just to get an erection. But, so what if you are "best in bed", huh? All hail the maestro. It's an age thing. Hence the raise in cases of these same men kicking the bucket while on top from a heart attack.

So let's get this straight. When we are young, these ladies will be with you for "great" sex and long-term goals of their own, she needs a guy to present to her parents and get married someday, but you ain't enough since your resources are scares. And when you grow older and get the money, then you die on top of a young lady, your children's age from a heart attack pursuing sex?

And I'm not bitter with any lady. It's a free world. Ladies don't be offended of course not all ladies do this, I love our women but someone has to address this issue.

After long thought, here's what I concluded. The 3Gs we dish out for cooking gas, the 10Gs for shopping, 15Gs for rent, 5Gs for transportation, 5Gs for salon, and of course all drinks and meals are on you. Maybe you should get a piece of land (50x100) in Matuu or Kamulu and lipa pole pole 30Gs every month and at the end of the day you'll be the owner and the land will appreciate in value. Instead of spending it on a whore who you will not remember their name when you're grey and old with no energy to work as hard and fast as you do now.

I also understand the sexual urges, just buy it and be done with it. If at all you feel you can't do without. It's cheaper, not cheap but cheaper than having a side chick. Great men in history have fallen for the same sex, before and after Christ. And still to this day history repeats itself.

One night of fun shouldn't be the reason you spend the rest of your life behind bars. Ruin your life, because of your hard-earned money, your sweat, tears, and blood all because of sex?

Sex is overrated. Convince me otherwise.

*****

PSA: If you agree, leave a like and maybe subscribe. If you disagree, I'll be in the comments.

And Oh! The World cup is finally here, which country do you think will take it home? I'm team, Brazil.

Also, my birthday will be on Thursday 24th, mmmh... I smell the third floor around the corner. Indulge me in the comments.

Until next time, Peace. I will see you in the next one. For now, Adios and Gracias. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Most popular posts