My Little Rebel

"Of life and style a story was told..." What a catchy phrase! 

Ummm! I was peaking through Sunset Saga, and I remembered an article he'd shared off the record of course. 

So what does one do, when they have a story they can't publish? 

An interesting story, how he gets your attention, and how he praises the character, who turned up to be not as mysterious as he'd pictured in his very imaginative mind. And I mean imaginative. 

It's like preparing some delicious dinner, just as we are done you realize, shit! We can't serve this food we've got to make something else for dinner if people are to be fed this evening.

I have had stories that I wrote and are gathering dust on my draft. I try to complete them but I'm not sure I want to publish them. I don't think am ready to share with the world that story, maybe someday. 

It's been a minute since I posted anything here, and today being the 9th day, of the 9th month, of the year I wanted to do something for my little rebel. 

She turns 2 today, and I'm wondering. It feels like the other day I was doing Around the Sun, for her first birthday. The other day I was trying to put her to sleep in my arms, and she wasn't having any of it. She wanted to sleep by herself, she now even says, "Ah ah.. taki", and she can be adamant. No means no with her. 

I was sort of sad, she is growing too fast. I need time to catch up. So this one article has no particular interest, but I promise I am working on something. In the meantime pass by Sunset Saga the boy has got some interesting stories, my all-time favorite is At a Glance, which reminds me he owes me some Bamboo Pegs.

To my little munchkin, 

- Happy Birthday baby, Someday when you're grown and know how to read, you'll pass by this page and get these messages from some of my friends. All these were sent on this App we used called WhatsApp back in the day.

"Happy birthday princess, may she grow in God's own purpose." - Uncle George.

"Congratulations baba and happy birthday" - Auntie PatRose.

"Happy birthday to 😊 joy" - Aunty Madoo.

"Happy Birthday princess 🎉🥳" - Aunty Tybe.

"Happiest birthday to her. Nothing but best of wishes for her." - Cousin Cate.

"Happy birthday to her" - Aunty Real.

"Happy birthday karembo ketu." - Aunty Virgy.

"Gorgeous indeed!
She grow in wisdom and in stature, gaining favor before God and man. 
To many more years full of happiness and good moments,
Happy birthday to the young lady!" - Aunty Jackie.

"Happy birthday as you turn two my darling, Words can't describe my Joy to see you grow up. May your smile never fade, you light up my world." - Love Dad. 

Joy Pauline Mwihaki Kamau (Ngatha) @ 2 


Comments

  1. Of life and style ...

    Dear Joy,

    Because without your consent "they" made you join us, may this jungle we call "home" be your favourite place. Let's journey around the sun because you have no reason not to. Happy birthday !

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has also perfected the look your mother used to disapprove of your boyhood shenanigans. You know the one! Happy Birthday Ngatha! You are blessed in heaven and earth according to God's perfect will for your life, purpose, and plans. God bless you Prophet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to the beautiful girl 🥳🎇

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Most popular posts